Fire safety measures are still often managed manually with analogue workflows, in contrast to other more digitalized disciplines within the industry. The lack of digital tools does not only mean unnecessary construction costs, it also means a non-existent data structure for facility management. By adapting to digital methods time and money would be saved during construction, while the end product would have higher traceability. This, in turn, would prolong a building´s safety management as well as the lifetime sustainability.
The partnership agreement is built up by three different blocks. They all aim to support an improved fire safety design technology and make sure the fire protection engineers get access to the BIM process with tools adapted to their needs.
Partnership building blocks:
- Symetri becomes official reseller of Bimfire Tools, a digital initiative started by Briab to digitise the fire safety industry. Briab has therefore established Bimfire Software as a brand on its own.
- Joint drive to digitalise fire safety design and change how the industry work with fire safety information today.
- Learning opportunities between:
- The Revit plugin Bimfire Tools which lets fire safety designers work in a BIM, meaning working more closely with the design team directly in the 3D model.
- Naviate, with which other disciplines will get an improved understanding of how and where the fire safety designs need to be implemented while making sure local standards and requirements are fulfilled. This in turn will make the realization of a fire and escape plan easier.
The Revit plugin Bimfire Tools which lets fire safety designers work in a BIM, meaning working more closely with the design team directly in the 3D model. Naviate, with which other disciplines will get an improved understanding of how and where the fire safety designs need to be implemented while making sure local standards and requirements are fulfilled. This in turn will make the realization of a fire and escape plan easier.
The importance of developed fire safety design cannot be doubted. Every time an uncontrolled fire breaks out, it could cost society immeasurable amounts in emotional and human losses. The construction sector is asking for fire protection tools that allows for higher degrees of control in the design process as well as information systems that´ll support future facility management.
– Traditionally, fire safety design at Rambøll has been made with 2D with the help of AutoCAD. With the help of Bimfire Tools we now have the opportunity to specify fire requirements directly in the BIM model. An obvious advantage with specifying fire requirements in BIM would be that fire safety design is included early in a project and therefore able to influence the overall planning. For example, this contribute to the fact that fire requirements can be involved and affect the design and interior design of a building to a greater extent than before, says Erik Nyström-Ångman, Fire safety adviser at Rambøll Norway and continues:
– Specifying fire requirements in BIM also makes it possible for crash collision with other professional groups and that all construction planning takes place in one and the same model. Rambøll envisions that Bimfire Tools can be able to help automate processes in the preparation of fire-technical substrates in the form of drawings and thereby reduce time consumption and improve the quality of the final product.
– We are really looking forward to our in-depth cooperation. Together with Symetri, we will be able to reach farther as well as offer increased accessibility and support to our common future clients tells Johan Norén, Business Director, Bimfire Software.
– Fire safety is an important piece that has been missing in the BIM family, now we are taking the next steps for a shared information process, this is also needed to bring BIM to the next level, says Per Carlsson, Director Building & Infrastructure, AEC at Symetri.
As of 18th May, Symetri became a global reseller of Bimfire Tools with exclusivity in the Nordics (except Denmark) and UK. Bimfire Tools will be a part of Symetris range of product and services.
Director Building & Infrastructure, Symetri
+46 (0)70 295 33 10 / email@example.com
Business Manager Bimfire Software, Briab
+46 (0)8-406 66 06/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Symetri enables innovative companies in the construction, property and industrial sectors to optimise their workflows, facilitate data handling and improve the quality of the entire design lifecycle. We guide our customers in everything from 3D modelling and simulations to Product Lifecycle Management, Building Information Modelling and Facility Management. We have 300 employees who assist clients in the Nordics and Great Britain. Symetri is part of Addnode Group AB whose B shares are listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm. Addnode Group offers business-critical IT solutions to selected markets in both the private and public sectors. For more information, visit www.symetri.com
Briab turns uncertainty into opportunities through innovative and effective solutions that improve processes, reduce costs and provide security. From our roots in fire protection we have developed into a company of innovative risk-management experts. We are currently adding to our offering with new revolutionizing digital products for better fire protection for a building’s lifecycle. With 140 employees, we are the largest independent risk-management experts in the Nordics. The right side of risk - www.briab.se